What Is An Inline Water Filter?
Inline filters are one of the most popular forms of water filters. They are applied inside the water line and connected between the water main and the tap. These filters are usually more cost-effective than other filter types and have a faster flow rate.
How Does Inline Water Filter Work?
An inline water filter can be inside the pipe. It filters water as it passes through the system from one point to the other. This process occurs continuously and uninterruptedly, which is better than older models, where you have to wait for a while for all the water to be filtered before switching on the tap again.
Inline filters usually consist of two filters for water quality, such as sediment and carbon filters. The first stage removes coarse sediments and particles from the water, while carbon block filters remove odors and provide an additional level of protection from chlorine or chloramines in drinking water, which are harmful chemicals that can cause health problems like cancer and organ failure.
What Do Inline Water Filters Remove?
Inline water filters are mechanical devices you can install inside your kitchen sink. They come in with different sizes and shapes and offer various benefits depending on the type you choose.
Choosing the right inline filter for your needs starts with understanding what it is capable of removing from your drinking water. Inline filters eliminate rust, sediment, silt, sand, dirt, limescale buildup, and many types of metals that could be present in your tap water. The most common types of inline filters are activated carbon and those that use a dual-media system to filter out particles much smaller than those found in tap water.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Inline Water Filter?
Inline water filters are becoming a must-have for most households. The benefits of using inline water filters include:
- The filter is installed inside the plumbing line which makes it more efficient than external filters.
- Inline filters are compact for easier installation and may not require dedicated water lines.
- Improved drinking water quality.
- Reducing the amount of chlorine in tap water.
- Filtering out sediments from your faucet.
Thus, with an inline filter, you can access clean water anytime. You also don’t need to worry about harmful chemicals in your drinking water which can be detected with inline filters.
How To Install Inline Water Filter?
Below we will take you through installing an inline water filter for under sink water filter. Installing an under sink inline water filter is a lot easier than it sounds. All you need to do is drill a hole in the pipe and attach it with a compression fitting.
This process is demonstrated below:
- Drill a hole in the pipe.
- Attach it with a compression fitting.
- Connect the compression fitting to the water filter.
- Connect the other end of the compression fitting to your pipe.
- Turn on your water supply and check for leaks.
After installing an inline water filter, you should also keep it clean. This will ensure that your filter lasts for a long time.
How To Remove Inline Water Filter?
People need to know how to replace an inline filter when it gets too dirty or has reached its maximum lifespan. If you want to remove them instead, remember these steps:
- Turn off the main water supply or have someone else turn off the main water supply.
- Disconnect the inline water filter from the faucet by unscrewing it with your hands, a wrench, or pliers.
- Slide out and discard the old inline filter cartridge by pushing it out of its housing.
How To Replace Inline Water Filter?
Replacing the inline water filter isn’t a difficult task. You can easily do it yourself, but it’s also important to know how to make sure you purchase the best inline water filter to get your money’s worth.
- Remove the inline water filter from its mounting bracket
- Clean any remaining debris from the mounting area, making sure that the water drain is not blocked
- Check to make sure all plumbing connections are in working order and tighten if necessary
- Unscrew and remove the old filter, then screw in a new one (do not reuse the old filter).
How To Clean Inline Water Filter?
An inline water filter needs to be cleaned periodically to avoid clogging. The cleaning frequency depends on the filter type, location, and how dirty the water can get.
Here are few easy steps on how to clean inline water filters:
- Check your filter for leaks. If there are any, then replace them with a new one.
- Pour water on the dirt and mud residue and let it soak for 5 minutes.
- Ensure that the water you use is not too hot or cold to avoid possible damage to your filter.
- Apply some dishwashing liquid on a rag or towel and start scrubbing the filter with gentle force until all the dirt is removed from it.
Rinse thoroughly and dry completely before re-installing it back into its original position.
What Type of Inline Water Filter Do You Want?
There are many different types of inline water filters available on the market. When choosing a water filter, there are many factors to consider. These include the quality and size of the filter and how often it will need to be replaced.
Here are some examples:
Undersink Inline Water Filters
Under sink inline water filters are a popular choice for those looking to filter their water at home. Let’s go through the different features that make them so appealing.
They are affordable. Installing an under sink inline water filter is an affordable way to get filtered water that does not cost a lot in the long term. You will have to buy the filters for them once in a while, but they are still cheaper than buying bottled or canned water on a weekly basis.
They are highly convenient. Installing the under sink inline filter means you do not have to carry bottles of filtered water from someplace else, which you need to do if you don’t already have one installed at your house. They also take up less space since they are installed right under your kitchen sink and no longer need a separate cabinet for storage.
RVs & Campers Inline Water Filters
RVs and campers are fun ways to travel. But the one downside is that they do not have a sink. So, people rely on bottled water or water stations as their source of clean water. But with an inline water filter, you can filter your own hose water to ensure it is safe and good to drink.
Nowadays, inline water filters are more popular thanks to the need for better-tasting and cleaner drinking water. To answer this need, companies like RV & campers inline water filters produce an inline filter kit for RVs and campers that can be installed easily at any campsite or RV site.
This inline water filter is designed for recreational vehicles and campers. This product can remove silt, sand, rust, and dirt particles from the water before it enters the faucet.
The inline water filter is best for people who take RV vacations or enjoy camping trips. It’s a simple and inexpensive way to provide clean drinking water without the hassle of bottled water or boiling necessary containers.
Refrigerators Inline Water Filters
Refrigerators inline water filters have many benefits, which is why they have become trendy in recent years. They can help reduce the risk of bacterial contamination, keep your appliance from freezing up and save you money on expensive bottled or filtered drinking water. Purchasing an inline water filter for your refrigerator is an excellent way to ensure that all of the appliances in your home are receiving clean drinking water.
This type of filter is very convenient and practical for households. It can be installed in the refrigerator’s water line. It eradicates the need to have a separate appliance for water filtration.
The water quality is improved as it filters out tap water contaminants before reaching your fridge. It has a fast flow rate and doesn’t reduce ice production.
Water Fountains & Coolers Inline Water Filters
Water fountains and coolers take water from your kitchen sink and run it through an inline water filter to make it fresh. Water fountains typically have a reservoir that holds up to 40 gallons and provides a constant stream of fresh, clean water. The other type of fountain is the type with an electric pump which can be used in the home, office, or public spaces.
Ice Makers Inline Water Filters
Ice makers inline water filters are an appliance that filters and purifies water for ice makers. The inline water filter is installed in the water line before the ice maker, and its job is to reduce chlorine, sediment, dirt, and rust from entering your ice maker.
It is a great investment for those who want clean, clear ice cubes from their fridge’s icemaker without purchasing expensive bottled or filtered water. Installing an inline filter allows you to save money on purchasing bottled or filtered water, as you can use most types of tap water with it.
Washing Machine Inline Filters
A washing machine inline filter is a device that connects to the water supply line to filter out sediments and dirt. Washing machine inline filters are available in various shapes, sizes, and materials.
They are used to remove sediment, dirt, and other particles from the water that is being supplied to your washing machine.
The main task of these inline filters is to reduce the weight on the bearings in your washing machine, as they will be less burdened by sediment in this way. This also reduces any potential clogging of the filter basket.
How Compatible Are Inline Water Filters?
Inline water filters are often used in areas where the water is hard and contains high levels of dissolved minerals.
It works with low-pressure systems. You do not need to install a booster pump for an inline water filter system. It also does not need electricity. This means there is no need to carry out any major work on the plumbing system, like installing a pressure tank or an electrical outlet, which can be expensive and time-consuming. You can place it on the pipeline, which will take care of the process without further changes to your plumbing system.
How Often Do You Need To Replace Cartridges for Inline Water Filters?
The lifespan of an inline water filter cartridge varies with its type. For example, some cartridges can last a few months, while others can last as long as five years without replacement.
However, the life of a filter cartridge will always depend on several factors including how well it was maintained, the quality of your local water supply and how many gallons of water it has filtered. It will still depend on the quality of water sourced from your tap and how many people are using the inline filter.
What Is The Cost Of Inline Water Filters?
The cost usually depends on the size and brand of the filter, but they can range anywhere from $7-$75.
Inline water filters are used in various settings, so the size and type will depend on where they are used. For example, if you have a small home with a well or cistern, then an inline filter might be all that is needed. The same can be said for office buildings or other businesses with access to clean drinking water already filtered through another system.
Does Inline Water Filter Change Water Taste And Color?
Inline water filters have been around for a long time. Most inline water filters are not meant to change the taste and smell of water as they are made to restrict particles and contaminants that are present in tap water. While the inline filter can also restrict colors, they do not remove them completely. They only reduce their intensity, so the color is much lighter than usual.
What Is The Life Span Of Inline Water Filter?
The life span of an inline water filter varies on several factors. A properly maintained inline water filter will last for a year. If you take care of it by changing the cartridges, the membrane, and the filters, it will last much longer than if you neglect it and let these parts get clogged up. The lifespan of an inline water filter can be anywhere from 4 months to 1 year if they are taken care of regularly.
How To Test Inline Water Filter?
Testing an inline water filter is essential for maintaining the quality of the filtered water it produces. Testing will also ensure that the filter is not leaking or clogged.
There are some ways of testing inline water filters:
- Checking the quality of the water
- Checking the pressure or flow rate through a filter
- Testing the filter’s capacity to remove bacteria, chlorine, industrial chemicals, and sediment.
An inline water filter should be tested regularly so users can know what’s happening inside it and check if any leaks or clogs need to be addressed.
Our Pick Of Inline Water Filters
Here are the list of our pick of inline water filters and the reason why:
Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change
The EZ-Change filter is a water filter that doesn’t require any tools for installation. It’s perfect for households with busy lifestyles and households with children.
- An inline filter has an input and output line on one side and the filter housing on the other. The input line attaches to the faucet or tap, and the output line hooks up to a drain or sink. As water travels through the filter, it receives treatment for bad taste and odor before it leaves the filter through the output line.
- It is a “space-saving” filter, which will take up less space at the kitchen sink, freeing up your counter space for other things.
- The filter is easy to install.
PureWater Filters PWF-IFK Inline Water Filter
PureWater filters PWF-IFK inline water filter is a durable and reliable option. It removes chloramines, organic compounds, and heavy metals from water with the help of activated carbon filters in the filter housing.
- Inline water filters can be used in many different applications, but they are most commonly found in line with a tap.
- An inline filter is easy to install and doesn’t require any maintenance.
- This is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to filter your water.
Watts In-line Water Filter
If you want a filter that is great at filtering out chlorine and other chemicals, then the watts in-line water filter is the one for you.
- It helps keep you hydrated, removes chlorine taste and odor from your water, and removes lead.
- It has the capacity to filter 20,000 before needing a replacement.
- The Watts Inline water filter can reduce the amount of chlorine in your water by removing minerals and certain metals that affect the quality of the water.
Filtrete Advanced Undersink Filter
Filtrete advanced undersink filter is a standard under-sink filter. It’s perfect for supplying water for small households or anyone who wants good-tasting and healthy faucet water.
- It is affordable, so you don’t have to spend too much just for great quality drinking water at home.
- Tested and certified by NSF International, one of the world’s most respected independent certification organizations, to NSF/ANSI 42 and 53.
- It also reduces chlorine taste and odor.
Nahla Pure Ultra High Capacity
We find that this product does everything a water filter needs to do.
- It helps keep you hydrated, removes chlorine taste and odor from your water, and removes lead.
- The nahla pure ultra high capacity is a great choice for any family who lives in an area with polluted or hard-to-access tap water.
Inline water filters are an excellent choice for anyone looking to reduce the contaminants in their drinking water. Inline water filters can be helpful in many ways.
It is a really convenient and easy way to drink healthier, cleaner water while doing other tasks around the house or office. Inline drinking water filters are a must-have these days if you care about the purity of your drinking water. They are an easy and cost-effective way to protect yourself and your loved ones against viruses and bacteria.